Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Weekday Paleo Cooktastic

This week certainly felt like fall, literally leaves were falling on my head. It definitely put me in the mood for cooking, not like it takes much. I love food and can actually come up with a meal within seconds of opening the fridge. It's a gift. Don't hate.

I wish I could share some recipes with you all, but I play everything by ear, a pinch of cross my fingers, a dash of make a wish and one tablespoon of hope it comes out okay. Ninety percent of the time it's pretty darn good, and the rest is at least edible. Cooking is definitely a fun experiment for me. And the the most important thing is cooking all my meals allows me to make sure I know what I'm putting in my body. In return I feel great.

Today my co-worker said her husband wasn't home last night so she had no reason to cook. Do you know what she had? She had a bagel for dinner. A freakin' BAGEL! I wish I was there to slap her with that bagel. The funny thing is my kite has been out of town this week on a business trip and that still hasn't stopped me from cooking. It probably gave me a better reason, mainly because I got to use onions. I love onions and he hates them and since he wasn't here to make out with, it was onion city up in my house.

Last night I prepped two things before I went to bed (Took 12 minutes of my time, gosh). I seasoned chicken thighs to make my version of honey chicken in the crockpot and I rubbed down a beef roast to make well ROAST. I woke up this morning to my place smelling fantastic. I love love LOVE my crockpot and it loves me back!

Tonight I roasted the roast in a bag, old fashion style, along with sweet potatoes, carrots, and shallots. It's now ready for tomorrow's lunch/dinner. Tonight I had honey chicken and a light salad (note the onion). It was yummy in this tummy.
From 2011-09-21
From 2011-09-21
From 2011-09-21
From 2011-09-21
From 2011-09-21
From 2011-09-21
From 2011-09-21
Have you cooked today, what did you make? It better have not come from a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment