Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

We made magic! Bébé









My Kite and I had always talked about having a family, but didn't exactly put a timeline on it.  We also had this mutual understanding that if it didn't ever happen, we'd still be happy. As most surprises occur we were in a bit of shock back in February when we got news that our little family was about to grow.  We'd like to thank Chiberia and being Honemooners for this amazing little addition. 

A few days after Valentine's day I was feeling a little different than normal and took a pregnancy test a few days before I was expected to get my period.  I fully took a test just to verify that I was NOT pregnant. While I was waiting for the test to finish I was busy filing my nails and thinking about painting them.  Seriously the biggest dilemma prior to the test results showing up was either pink or clear.  And then....

OH BOY!! I was in complete jaw dropping shock when I saw the test above with the big ol' PREGNANT on the screen. I looked at the box to see if it was just missing the 'NOT'. Then back at the test and then at the box. Then I just stood there quietly for what seemed like the longest minute, before I immediately ran out of the bathroom, (yelling HOLY SH*T, yes the first thing out of my mouth was cursing.  I keep it classy) to show My Kite to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing.  

He was in disbelieve like I was and we just kinda stood there like WHAT JUST HAPPENED?   

A few days passed and no period.  A few weeks past and morning sickness and fatigue kicked in.  A month passed and I went to my first doctors appointment at 8 weeks.  She verified that I had a beautifully round 8 week pregnant uterus.   It wasn't until that moment we finally believed we had made magic.  

We shared the news with family at 9 weeks and the rest of the world at the end of 13 weeks. We got to see the bébé at 13 weeks.   It is the real deal now. And now we couldn't be more excited!! 

We're at 16 weeks now and I'm at that food baby/could be a bump stage. I'm feeling a ton better even though I'm not a fan of this pregancy thing so far. I'm waiting till I feel movement so I can fully justify feeling like poop.  We get to find out the gender in a month, but in the mean time we are having fun coming up with the cooliest baby names ever.   

Stay tuned for baby kite updates.  ♥







2 comments:

  1. It's such an exciting time for you two!! Yeah, pregnancy isn't fun, but I'm glad you're feeling better. The second trimester is usually the best.

    Cute bump. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Thanks for sharing your fun story. Yeah, even an "easy" pregnancy isn't fun (IMHO), but once you feel the little flutters, it's the best! So happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete