Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Not So Lazy Sunday

I woke up on Sunday with little to no motivation to do more than turn the channel on the remote. And even than I was hoping I'd land on a channel that would take me through the day. I eventually dragged myself to the kitchen to make a iced latte and some breakfast. My latte wasn't pictured, because I was too busy drinking it.
From Blogger Pics

I ate my breakfast while drooling glancing at pinterest.com. Which by the way I finally got an account after graveling to get an invite. Come follow me www.pinterest.com/uraluckystar, but be warned I have had an account for less than a day.
After what seemed like 5 minutes but was actually and hour on pinterest, my kite decided he was going to clean. Which meant I had to help, I couldn't let him clean by himself. That would NOT be fair even though I kicked and screamed. The good news is I finally broke out my new toy. I bought a steam cleaner a month ago and never used it. I might have a new best friend. I even smiled while using it like the lady on the box.
From Blogger Pics

From Blogger Pics


After the better half of the day disappeared. I still had food to prepare for the week and a little birthday party to go to.

I cut up some cantaloupe that I got from OP's Farmer's market the day before to have as part of a snack. Pretty juicy!
From Blogger Pics


I also seasoned a couple turkey legs, and a whole chicken with my favorite Penzey's spices to roast. Both were smothered with melted coconut oil and avocado oil. I let them marinate a little while I seasoned some fatty lamp chops to put in the crockpot.
From Blogger Pics

From Blogger Pics

From Blogger Pics

After everything was in the oven and the crockpot was roaring on low. I ran off to wash the stink off of me and get ready for the little party. I had to flip the chicken and turkey legs in the middle of blow drying my hair. But that's it. Talk about low maintenance cooking. Now to persuade the nation that cooking can be easier than opening a box and microwaving.....

After turning the oven off before I left (and leaving everything in there to finish cooking). I still had to pick up a little cake and some flowers for my best friend's mom. She turned the big 65! Here's a few pics.
From Blogger Pics

From Blogger Pics

And here's my niece singing ya ya Happy Birthday in her pj's. So cute!
From Blogger Pics

I didn't stay too long. But it was great quality time.

After I got home. I took everything out of the oven to tupperware it up for the week. Fun Fact--I love roasting a chicken, because it's perfect for my kite and I. I knew it was love when we could share a chicken. He loves breast meat and I'm a dark meat kinda girl. This is going to be dinner/lunches for a couple of days. This prep work saves tons of time. Here's the after shots.
From Blogger Pics

From Blogger Pics

From Blogger Pics

Bring it on new WEEK!









No comments:

Post a Comment