Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Artsy Fartsy

Sorry for my absence this week. You know I've been preoccupied if I'm recapping last weekend on a Thursday.

This past weekend and week have been filled with shopping trips to get art supplies, actually using these art supplies, and well you guessed it, COOKING!

I spent a whole afternoon on Saturday hunting down canvas and paint for a fabulous leaf project I'm working on and rubber stamps to personalize my printed photos. Who knew you can spend hours(and tons of money) in craft stores. Someone shoulda warned a sista! I literally wanted to buy everything in the store. Good thing I had a little common sense(and my kite) because in reality it would have looked something like this..

In the store: 10 pack of styrofoam balls for $4.99, "OH MY GOSH I CAN MAKE SO MANY THINGS! ORNAMENTS, SNOWMEN, INAPPROPRIATE EARRINGS!!!!!!"

At home:(9 months later) Dusty 10 pack of styrofoam balls, "WHO THE HECK BOUGHT STYROFOAM BALLS?!"


Anyways, here's a little preview of my leaf project. It's just an outline. Warning: NO JUDGING ALLOWED
From 2011-10-10

Sunday I spent some quality time with my sister getting some brunch at one of my favorite breakfast places Maxfields in Lombard. After I got to spend some quality time with little niece Arianny. She was in love with my hair, can you blame her?


There was so much cooking being done at my house this weekend/week. I've made some Paleo spaghetti using speghetti squash and Italian sausage, grilled steak with roasted cinnamon carrots, crockpot honey chicken thighs and wings, and I rubbed down a pork shoulder with spices, half I cut into pork chops and half I used for crockpot bbq pulled pork. If anyone would like some recipes for any of my yummy eats, please leave a comment and I'll be happy to make something up for you ;)

From 2011-10-08

From 2011-10-08

From 2011-10-08

From 2011-10-08

From 2011-10-08

From 2011-10-10

From 2011-10-10

From 2011-10-10

From 2011-10-10

From 2011-10-10

From 2011-10-10

If you're every wonder if I'm lonely in the kitchen. Not one bit, because these guys keep me company. They totally love me or the smell of food (same thing).
From 2011-10-10

This week I received my subscription to Paleo Magazine in the mail today along my Cosmo. Both are going to help me look better naked. If you haven't checked out the new Paleo Magazine, you have to get a subscription. Some of my favorite blogs writers are the contributors toward this magazine. It's full of recipes, journey's, and useful articles for your primal living. I love it, because it's a great little guide to lend to my friends. Seriously, who doesn't love flipping through a magazine.


Yesterday I made it to BDCF for our 5:45am class. The WOD of the day was Helen.

Three rounds for time - Helen
400m run
21 x kb swings (a). 16/24
12 x pull ups

My last Helen time was 16:24 and I beat it. My new time is 16:11. It took everything I had to finished that. I got to the last round of pull ups and I glanced up and saw the clock turn 16:00 and I had less then 24 seconds to do 12 pull ups. BAM! 11 seconds for 12 (band assisted) pull ups. No applause necessary!



Let's wrap today's post with a great picture I took of the trees turning colors in front of my building. Applause IS necessary for this bad boy! ♥
From 2011-10-08

No comments:

Post a Comment