Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

All About Max...

Well it's finished. My leaf project turned into a painting that I was working on daily for over a week. It's not exactly how I wanted it to look. But I'm very proud of it, because it's my very first painting. I learned a lot during this process. Like don't paint on the bed and a little (paint) goes a long way. It was totally a fun project and I hope with some more practice I can add painting to my fun hobbies list.

Here it is making it's grand debut. Sorry everyone! This one of a kind masterpiece from the 'Mary Rocks Your Socks Collection' is not for sale.
From 2011-10-19


Yesterday was my puppy Max's 1st birthday. To celebrate I took him to get a fresh haircut on Saturday and I ordered a cake from Happy Dog Bakery. Which is a cute dog bakery in Downers Grove that offers fun treats and fun activities. I highly recommend you check it out, well only if you love your dog. They even offer grain-free cakes and cookies. A cave dog's dream. While we were picking up the cake, I found a few other cute dog treats there. One was a package of dried sweet potatoes chips. Paleo score!

Here's a few fun pictures of us celebrating Max's Birthday. You're not allowed to laugh! I know I know, I've turned into THAT girl. You know the girl who walks around with wallet sized pictures of her dogs. Yes, the same girl who in conversation people mistake my talk about my dogs as me talking about my children. And yes, I *gulp*...dress them up. Sue me!

From Max's 1st birthday




From Max's 1st birthday

From Max's 1st birthday

From Max's 1st birthday

From Max's 1st birthday

This weeks Paleo eats were some of the basics changed ever so slightly to make new dishes.
I actually got a lot of much needed shopping done. The #1 find of the week was I found a 10 LB London Broil on sale that I had to get. This sucker was huge. I ended up cutting it up into 9 steaks and a small roast. I felt like quite the cave girl cutting up my own meat. Watch out people!

I also tried my hand at making another round of egg/ham cups. I made the crockpot pulled pulled pork that I prepped in my last post. There were lots of burgers grilled. Grilled lamb and crockpot lamb for lunches. London Broil steak. Along with all the meat there were lots of quick salads made for the sides. And my favorite of the week Homemade Chicken soup(noodles on the side for my kite). Lastly I rubbed down a roast to maranade for tonight's dinner. With the cold creeping up on us, these week's eats were right up my alley.

From 2011-10-19

From 2011-10-19

From 2011-10-19

From 2011-10-19

From 2011-10-19

From 2011-10-19

From 2011-10-19

From 2011-10-19

From 2011-10-19

From 2011-10-19

From 2011-10-19

From 2011-10-19

I really should blog more. Mainly so I sneak in a recipe or two. That chicken soup recipe was ridiculously easy and fast. I did half the work in my crockpot (probably the best invention in the entire world, next to my iPhone).


Yesterday, I also joined the 5:45am class at BDCF for the workout. Which was...
Strength - BS
3 x 70% + 3 x bj
3 x 80% + 3 x bj
3+ x 90% + 3 x bj

M/C - For time:
10 x DL (bw)
50 x sq
25 x k2e
20 x wb. 20/14
250m row

Good thing I lost some weight before this workout, so I could do 125# for the dead lifts. Hahaha, just kidding. Good excuse huh?! Not bad, my time 8m 22sec. Felt good.


Afterward I practiced some Clean & Jerks with 75#'s on the bar. It's the weight I'm going to use for this Saturday's Barbell's for Boobs tribute for Breast Cancer Awareness. I'm a blur in the picture, hope I move this fast on Saturday.

On a another workout note, here's an update on my stair climb challenge. I haven't been climbing the stairs as often, but this week my time only slowed down by 4 seconds. Time to work harder.

This weekend is not only Barbell's for Boobs, but we're also headed down to the Champaign area for some pumpkin patch fun and possibly a haunted train ride. October is about to get a little better. So stay tuned.

1 comment: